The mTab group comprises mTab LLC, mTab Asia Pacific kk, mTab Holdings LTD, Slideworx GmbH, Slideworx sp. z o.o., and Gamma Associates LTD (collectively referred to as “mTab,” “we,” “us,” “our”).
mTab is responsible for your personal information. Your data will be controlled by the mTab undertaking that is providing services to you or communicating to you and each such entity is therefore regarded as an independent data controller of your personal information. This Policy applies to all mTab undertakings. The contact address of mTab is: 1100 E. Orangethorpe Avenue, Suite 251, Anaheim, CA 92801
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
This Policy covers the following:
EXPLANATION OF APPLICABLE DATA
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHERE WE GET IT
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE SECURE IT
MTab COOKIES POLICY
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
To find out more click on any of the above sections.
Explanation of applicable data
For the purpose of this policy, personal information refers to information that relates to an identifiable, living individual, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number and includes information such as an online identifier (i.e. IP address). Data Protection Regulations applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems, where personal information is accessible according to specific criteria, as well as to chronologically ordered data and pseudonymised data.
Data referred to as ‘special categories of personal data’ (previously termed ‘Sensitive Personal Data’) specifically includes the processing of genetic data, biometric data and data concerning health matters.
“Personal information” is therefore any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you and which, we at mTab, have in our possession or control
The information we collect and where we get it
mTab collects and therefore processes the following personal information about you:
We will process personal information that you give to mTab, including when you email us or contact us through various methods, as follows:
- Signing up for mTab services: when you sign up for newsletters, webinars, events or obtain any of our services, or when you contact us with queries, or respond to our communications the personal information you provide may include your full name, title, telephone number, email address and additional content, date and time of your email correspondence and information about your current or previous employers or your business.
- When providing mTab services: if you are a client, partner or preferred supplier of mTab, you may provide us with personal information when you, or the company you represent, become a client, partner or preferred supplier with us. If you are not a client, partner or preferred supplier we may still collect or receive your personal information because you are involved in one of our client’s activities.
- When participating in recruitment activities: when you apply for any role with us, you may provide us with information such as, but not limited to, your full name, date of birth, nationality, education and qualification details, your gender, your CV, photograph, passport details, marital status, home address and home telephone number, mobile telephone number and other details set out in your communications to us.
- To enable processing of payments and fraud prevention: Financial and Payment Data including bank account and other data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information
- To enable equality and monitoring: When applying for or joining mTab, your sensitive personal information (that is, information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences, or genetic or biometric data) may be collected, with your explicit consent where necessary, in order to carry out monitoring and comply with legal obligations.
How we use the information we collect
We may do the following with your personal information that we have gathered:
- use it to provide mTab services to a relevant client
- use it to engage in marketing and business development activities in relation to our services. This may include sending you information to inform you of other products or services available from mTab and its affiliates, marketing communications and other information that we believe may be of interest to you. mTab may also contact you using surveys to gather research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. You can unsubscribe at any point.
- mTab may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. Your personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to third parties without your consent.
- When you apply for a position with us, we may collect necessary information to review and process your application. where you have applied for a position with us to review and process your application
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations that we have a duty to discharge.
- use it to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings.
- to record and monitor your use of our websites, social media or our other services for mTab business purposes. This may include analysis of usage, measurement of website performance and generation of marketing reports. This data is used to deliver customised content and advertising within mTab to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- use it for our legitimate business interests, such as for undertaking business research and analysis, managing the operation of our business and improving our websites and interfaces.
- use it to look into any complaints, concerns or issues you may have.
- use it to prevent and respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities.
- as we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal data may be part of the transferred assets.
mTab may also collate, process and share any statistics based on an accumulation of information held by us provided that any individual is not identified from the resulting analysis and the collation, processing and dissemination of such information is permitted by law.
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal basis to process your personal information:
- Consent: mTab may, in some circumstances, need your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us.
- Obligations of a contract: mTab may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Legitimate interest: mTab may use your personal information for what we identify as our legitimate interests.
- Compliance with the law: we may use your personal information, as necessary, to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
How we share information with third parties
We share personal information internally with the various entities that make up our company. We may also share your personal information outside of mTab. This may include:
- Third party agents/suppliers or contractors, bound by obligations of confidentiality in connection with, the processing of your personal information, for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include, but is not limited to, our IT and communications service providers, and insurance, pension or benefit providers if you are employed by us.
- Third parties relevant to the services that we provide. This may include, but is not limited to, counterparties to transactions or litigation, other professional service providers, regulators, authorities, governmental institutions.
- mTab may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail about services you are interested in, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited in writing from using your personal information except to provide these services to mTab, and are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- To the extent required by law, regulation or court order. For example, if we are under duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- If you are a citizen of the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) your personal information may be transferred to locations outside of the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) for the purposes previously described above. If we transfer your personal information outside Europe as a matter of course, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements applicable to the information. For instance:
- mTab have a signed a contract based on “contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect the personal information
- In other circumstances, the law itself may permit us to otherwise transfer your personal information outside Europe. In all cases, however, any transfer of your personal information will be compliant with the applicable data protection law in place.
Retaining your information and how we secure it
How long mTab keeps your personal information will vary and will depend primarily on:
- The purpose for which we are using your personal information – we will need to keep the information for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose
- Legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal information
- mTab will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes that we collected it for and for mTab to assert or defend against legal claims. The appropriate retention period is determined by the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. mTab ensures that the personal information that we hold is subject to the appropriate security measures.
mTab Cookies Policy
The mTab Web site use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize mTab’s pages, or register with mTab site or services, a cookie helps mTab to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same mTab Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the mTab features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the mTab services or Web sites you visit.
How long will cookies remain on my computer? Cookies remain in the cookies file of your browser after the closing of the browser, and will become active again when the Site is reopened, until removed. The cookie(s) can be deleted at any time by you. The cookie(s) will not collect any information when you are not accessing the Site.
Third party cookies
In some cases, cookies are provided on our behalf by a trusted third-party service provider to aid in the reporting of user behaviour on the Sites. This behaviour is analysed to provide an improved user experience. The information collected is not linked to personally identifiable information.
Your choices and rights
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal information that mTab hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us directly. These rights include:
- Obtaining or accessing your data: Regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of your personal information. In particular, information that is subject to legal professional privilege will not be disclosed other than to our client and as authorised by our client.
- Correcting your data: Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure of your data: Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- Objecting/Restricting us processing: Requesting that we restrict, our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- Portability/Moving your data: In some circumstances, receiving some personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or requesting that we transmit that information to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal information which you have provided to us.
- Withdrawing your consent: In certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- Lodging a complaint about processing: Complaining to the relevant data protection supervising authority (e.g. The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the UK), if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.Additionally, mTAB is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Please visit the FTC website for further information.
- How to contact us and other important information
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information by mTab. or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us. You can do this by:
- Writing to us: mTab LLC, 1100 E. Orangethorpe Avenue, Suite 251, Anaheim, CA 92801
- Emailing us: DSAR@mtab.com
- Telephone us: (800) 693-3111
Date of last revision: February 4, 2019